Restoration of English 18th Century Soft Paste Porcelain Figurine, Bow Factory, decorated with under glaze enamels
[su_column size=”2/5″] [/su_column]
PROCESSES OF RESTORATION
- Dismantle previous restoration
- Remodel missing areas of bocage using silicon rubber moulds
- Research and remodelled arm
- Bond remodelled areas to figurine
- Rub back all fills/reconstructed areas with 00 flour paper
- Retouch using airbrush/ hand painting
- Gilded areas – gold powder applied on gold size.
Scroll down for photographs of the different processes involved.
Click on any the images below to enlarge
FIGURINE ON ACCEPTANCE – SHOWING PREVIOUS RESTORATION
SHOWING RECONSTRUCTED AREAS – FRONT AND BACK VIEW